Look forward to meeting up for the AGM this Thursday, 3 August, 6.30pm, Spring Creek Community House, Price Street. If you are coming and would like to stay on for the curry, email back by tomorrow afternoon.
We have received nominations for all eight positions on the Committee. If you wish to nominate, you can still do so. Submit nominations on the form sent out via email with the AGM notice, by the start of the meeting, and there'll be a vote where two or more nominations are received.
The Pruning Day was very informative and inspiring - this last Sunday we finished off the pruning of all fruit trees, and some natives. The pile of branches and twigs are waiting for the Shire to chip them all into mulch.
If you've ever wondered how to install overhead kitchen cupboards, now is your chance! Or, if you know how to do it and would like to help, come down to the Garden at 10am this Saturday.
Thank you Kay and Ian Champion for donating them!
While there is no group working-bee this month, there is plenty to do whenever you visit.
- Private plots - keep them looking cared for and help with weeding on the paths around them.
- Weeds! Weed wherever you find them.
- Spread mulch on beds and paths between mandalas and plots
The following four tasks will be done progressively. Let a Committee member know if you're interested:
- Install edging around fruit trees
- Level out steps into the garden.
- Level tracks through grass to sharing shed and around trees. (Short term solution to prevent rolled ankles - long term: waiting for contour survey for proper drainage levels.)
- Raise mandalas
If you haven't already done so, let Giuliana know your ideas for Spring planting (or return email).
June, on behalf of the Committee